Conversations with Karen
After spending almost a week at the La Torretta Resort in Montgomery TX for the World Investigators Conference, hosted by PI Magazine and the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators – we thought we would share our experiences with our listeners.
Special Guest with Dean
Dean has invited friend and colleague, Mark Gillespie TCI, to return and tell our listeners about his presentation at WIC and why a consultation with a forensic science consultant, such as himself, can be valuable to civil and criminal cases.
Of importance from NCISS over the last month has been monitoring the recent FAA drone rules, with licensing for commercial use in effect as of 08/29/2016. In addition, NCISS is monitoring active movement of legislation and FTC regulations for ‘ban the box’ – or the elimination of the use of credit reports as part of a pre-employment background investigation and hiring decision, and when a pre-employment background investigation can be conducted.
Show Topic Links
- Mark Gillespie highly recommends being familiar with criminalist related laboratory accreditation, such as American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors / Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB) at http://www.ascld-lab.org
Facts & Forensics Sponsors
- Death Investigations for Professional Investigators (distance learning) – www.MedicolegalDeathInvestigations.com
- A Survivors’ Guide to Understanding Death Investigations (book) – www.UnderstandingDeathInvestigations.com
- Contact the show – Associates@DeathCaseReview.com and www.DeathCaseReview.com or call (970) 480-7793
- Quint-Essential Qualities of a Professional Investigator – http://www.deathcasereview.com/1/post/2013/03/the-quint-essential-qualities-of-a-professional-investigator.html
- On Demand Video Distance Learning at www.InvestigativeCourses.com with FREE Ethics, and now Skip Tracing and Background Investigations, and Forensic Photography for Investigators (email our agency for a 50% discount code)!