News of Interest
Dean discusses news of the World Association of Detectives (www.WAD.net), including a new Administrative Manager, and two unique benefits to NCISS members from IRB and PI Now and the upcoming conference in Las Vegas.
Conversations with Karen
This month Karen joins us to talk two recent news stories. The first is about retraumatizing families with body parts left at the scene; and the second is about prosecutors who will believe anything to prosecute. Karen also talks to us about the James Holmes sentencing verdict in the Aurora Colorado theater shooting (our last show the jury was out). Also in our last show, Karen’s latest article ‘Investigating Without Playing Into Drama’ was pending posting by PI Now (below).
Special Guest with Dean
Dean is joined by expert in criminalistics and explosives, Paul Laska. Paul is a fellow member of FALI and provides extensive training and consultations worldwide.
News from Associations
NCISS – Your Voice in DC and Across America (www.NCISS.org)
Congress has been unusually quiet, and NCISS continues to keep watch over the investigative and security professions.
NCISS continues to show leadership and its commitment to State Association outreach with the release of the new Advocacy Hub (AH). The AH is a wonderful tool for State Associations to monitor legislation effecting their state. The AH not only identifies certain pieces legislation, it can be helpful with call to action letters from your members to your Congressional and House Representatives.
Register Now for Las Vegas September 20-22 NCISS Mid-Term Board Meeting and Seminars
Co-Sponsored by the Nevada Society of Professional Investigators and Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators. Exceptional speakers and topics are lined up – details in your email soon. SLS Hotel in Las Vegas group rate is $65.00 per night!
Show Topic Links
- New NCISS Member Benefits – IRB Focus http://www.irbsearch.com/offers/nciss.html and PI Now http://www.serve-now.com/resources/member-benefits-for-associations
- Investigating Without Playing Into Drama – http://www.pinow.com/articles/2104/investigating-without-playing-into-drama
- Retraumatizing Families – http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article30900732.html
- Prosecutors Believing Anything for a Conviction – http://goo.gl/E94pIm
Paul Laska – expert, Criminalistics and Forensic Explosives Investigations
Phone: (561) 722-4435
Facts & Forensics Sponsors
- Death Investigations for Professional Investigators (distance learning) – www.MedicolegalDeathInvestigations.com
- A Survivors’ Guide to Understanding Death Investigations (book) – www.UnderstandingDeathInvestigations.com
- Contact the show – Associates@DeathCaseReview.com and www.DeathCaseReview.com or call (970) 480-7793
- Quint-Essential Qualities of a Professional Investigator – http://www.deathcasereview.com/1/post/2013/03/the-quint-essential-qualities-of-a-professional-investigator.html
- NEW – On Demand Video Distance Learning at www.InvestigativeCourses.com with FREE Ethics and the Professional Investigator coming by the end of the month!