News of Interest
Dean reminds listeners that GPS and drone regulation continue to be the top state and federal legislative issues. FALI has a bill introduced to correct anti-PI GPS legislation passed earlier this year and now in effect. NCAPI recently defeated similar anti-PI GPS legislation. NCISS continues to monito federal legislative issues and assist state associations.
Dean also emphasizes the importance of multi-disciplinary investigative and expert resources in both civil and criminal litigatin.
Conversations with Karen
This month Karen joins us to talk about the need for effective teams in legal strategy. Having effective team strategy, and multi-disciplinary resources are very important to litigation.
Special Guest with Dean
Instead of a special guest, Dean and Karen talk about recent examples of this needed approach, and successes of it. They also discuss their recent experiences at the Inner Circle of Investigators conference. The emphasis of ICI membership is a multi-disciplinary team approach of investigators and experts.
News from Associations
NCISS – Your Voice in DC and Across America (www.NCISS.org)
Congress has been unusually quiet, and NCISS continues to keep watch over the investigative and security professions.
NCISS continues to show leadership and its commitment to State Association outreach with the release of the new Advocacy Hub (AH). The AH is a wonderful tool for State Associations to monitor legislation effecting their state. The AH not only identifies certain pieces legislation, it can be helpful with call to action letters from your members to your Congressional and House Representatives.
Facts & Forensics Sponsors
- Death Investigations for Professional Investigators (distance learning) – www.MedicolegalDeathInvestigations.com
- A Survivors’ Guide to Understanding Death Investigations (book) – www.UnderstandingDeathInvestigations.com
- Contact the show – Associates@DeathCaseReview.com and www.DeathCaseReview.com or call (970) 480-7793
- Quint-Essential Qualities of a Professional Investigator – http://www.deathcasereview.com/1/post/2013/03/the-quint-essential-qualities-of-a-professional-investigator.html
- NEW – On Demand Video Distance Learning at www.InvestigativeCourses.com with FREE Ethics and the Professional Investigator coming by the end of the month!